If you are an experienced Diesel Technician, then we want to talk to you about our immediate opportunities. Now is the time to take your career to the next level!
We are currently looking for a Lead Technician at our Rimbey location.
Why pick First Student? Glad You Asked!
- Top Hourly Wages ( $40-45/ hr based on experience) + a Sign on bonus of $7,000.
- Consistent year-round work
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Opportunities for Advancement Nationwide! – Advance your career as Shop Manager, Region Maintenance Manager, or work in our Greyhound, First Transit, & First Vehicle Services divisions across North America!
- Ongoing training – learn and work on gas, diesel, & alternative fuel vehicles
As a First Student Lead Technician, You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to First Student Standards of Excellence
- Scheduling and administering fleet maintenance
- Troubleshooting problems with equipment.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Supervising maintenance operations. Planning and distributing the work and monitoring performance.
- Ensuring compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal and Company requirements.
- Working closely with location manager, providing status of maintenance and budget requirements.
- Identifying actions to improve operating efficiency.
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
You’ll Need to Have:
- Technical school training is a plus!
- Late Model Diesel Gas Emissions School Bus Small Shop Management ASE
- Previous gasoline, diesel or alternative fuel vehicle maintenance & repair experience
- Experience as a lead technician or supervisor
- Valid driver’s license; Willing to obtain S- Endorsement while employed (in-house training provided!)
- Strong computer skills
- Must have own tools
- Excellent communication and team-building skills
- ASE Certifications strongly preferred
- Pre-employment background check and drug screen required
Don’t Wait! Apply Today!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
Job ID: 10641656
First Student Canada
View original article here Source