Our large enterprise Edmonton client requires a Junior level Technical Writer on contract for 12 months with likely extension.
This position will be responsible for developing, writing and editing technical material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications
Working within a large and dynamic enterprise environment in Edmonton, Alberta, showcasing your Business Analysis experience!
Role and Responsibilities
• Responsibilities include developing, writing and editing technical material for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications
• Responsible for translating technical characteristics and complexities of an application or procedure into understandable reference documentation, web-based or otherwise.
• Create and maintain both formatting and vocabulary standards to maintain consistency in current and future content
• Conduct interviews and facilitate workshops to determine the requirements
• Write those documents and validate with stakeholders.
• Write, edit and improve web content within specified quality standards.
• Ensure content is written and presented in a format that meets web usability standards, and is consistent with specified design guidelines and brand image.
• Evaluate weaknesses in existing documentation’s content and readability, and recommend areas to be re-written.
• Simplify and streamline content on the websites for ease of reading and searching.
• Apply plain language and design principles to the websites to help the various audiences understand information on these sites, and access information within minimal levels.
• Where appropriate, submit suggestions for changes to the information architecture.
• Provide advice, but not actual production services, on how best to integrate text with multimedia and social media.
• Document and report on the project status.
• Provide or participate in other deliverables, as required.
Experience and Qualifications
• Degree in a related discipline
• Demonstrated technical writing experience.
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products.
• Proficient with the use of online and printed publishing technologies
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please contact your local Randstad Technologies representative or email email@example.com your resume for consideration.
View original article here Source