Senior SCADA Applications Specialist
The Senior SCADA Applications Specialist provides support, as an important team member, in the delivery of SCADA related projects. The Specialist leverages their advanced experience with ICS projects, SCADA applications, databases, interfaces, scripting, and real-time critical control environments to successfully delivery timely and high-quality solutions and components.
• Reporting to the Project Manager, take responsibility for the completion of assigned tasks and deliverables within capital projects. This includes aspects of technical leadership such as leading technical teams or third-parties in their delivery.
• Identify, assess, and recommend solutions or improvements
• Lead and/or participate, as a senior resource, in the analysis, configuration, modifying, testing, implementation, documentation and training of system functionality.
• Ensure data integrity, accuracy, security, and reliability of systems
• Design / modify SCADA displays and reports, keeping with industry best practices for control room management.
• Ensure that standards and best practices in the delivery of the project components are followed.
• Create schedules and plans and identify milestones in conjunction with the project requirements
The Specialist also provides technical and project leadership and mentorship to less experienced technical and project professionals on the team.
Project deliverables may include:
• Work plans and schedules
• Technical solution identification, assessment, recommendations, testing, and deployment
• Progress reporting
• Test and quality assurance records
• Technical documentation
• Drawings, sketches, schemas
• Undergraduate degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Automation/Instrumentation Technology, or related discipline.
• A minimum of 10 years of directly related work experience with a pipeline environment
• CygNet SCADA Application experience (minimum 10 years).
• Working knowledge of RTU, PLC and End Devices communication protocols (minimum 5 years).
• Working knowledge of SCADA IT infrastructure including network, workstations and servers (minimum 5 years).
• Proven ability with work management and management of changes processes (minimum 5 year+).
• Working knowledge Project execution and process workflow execution (minimum 10 years).
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise environment and the security architecture (minimum 5 years).
• Previous project experience delivering SCADA, HMI, and other ICS solutions.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Strong Microsoft Office skills using Word, Excel, Visio, and Outlook.
• Experience with Backup and Disaster and Recovery procedures.
• Working knowledge of VMware tools and virtual environments.
• Proven relationship development and management.
• Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent analytical, communications, and problems solving skills including root cause analysis.
• Excellent verbal and technical writing skills.
• Flexible and adaptable to change.
• Valid driver’s license.
Strong network administration skills.
• Familiarity with OPC, MODBUS, and BSAP telemetry protocols.
• Proficiency in database administration
Monitor pipeline automation and control systems, along with ultrasonic flowmeters, smart pressure transmitters, flow and temperature transmitters, smart pressure and level switches, and any other field instrumentation that is relevant to automated pipeline monitoring. Requires 10+ years’ experience.
If this sound like the right role for you and you are confident at what you bring to the table, APPLY NOW!
Please note: All candidates are subject to Criminal Background Check, Education Verification, Employment Check, Professional Reference Checks, and Drug and Alcohol test.
Although we appreciate all applications, only those that meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role. We thank you all for your interest.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Interested candidate is also encouraged to submit a copy of updated resume to Resource Manager, Geraldine Valiarayil at email@example.com, with the Job Order Number / Position Name on the subject line outlining how you meet the qualifications required for the job.
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.