Summary: The Sales Manager will manage and oversee the operations of the sales center while providing ongoing support and training to the sales team to ensure excellent customer service when helping prospective purchasers select their homes, and helping existing purchasers through to possession.
The Sales Manager provides a link between the job sites/sales center and the company’s head office, and provides customer-focused, site-based leadership to customers, staff, and suppliers by ensuring that all sales services are carried out in accordance with the standards in place and with the company’s mission, values and objectives.
This role is accountable for achieving gross margin targets and performance against budgets in the sales department through effective advertising, public relations, and sales management.
Job Duties – Include, but are not limited to:
– Represent the company brand to all prospective and existing home buyers.
– Oversee the launch of new show homes and sales centers and ensure the homes/centers are maintained per internal presentation standards.
– Ensure a successful sales process by qualifying all prospects, identifying prospects’ requirements, providing timely information on home features, upgrades and pricing, and explaining the company’s sales procedures and processes.
– Deliver an outstanding customer experience through setting, meeting, and exceeding expectations.
– Manage all purchaser relationships and be the direct point of contact for all incoming customer issues from purchase to possession.
– Prepares customer contracts and negotiates revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements.
– Coordinate with respective departments to deal with any issues that require outside feedback and support.
– Provide feedback and recommendations to pricing and market information to the President as may be required for phase and product releases.
– Maintain up to date competitor comparisons.
– Develops and implements sales standards and processes, including the development and maintenance of company policies and procedures to ensure that clear understandings are in place and that controls are clear, well understood, and complied with.
– Develops client relationship management systems to support the strategy of customer intimacy, customer referrals, and repeat business.
– Ensures that appropriate management controls are in place to obtain best value and to control costs.
– Ensures communications are coordinated, supports sales and marketing plan objectives, and meets organizational expenditure requirements.
– Liaise between various departments such as Construction, Estimating, Sales Administration, etc.
– Performs other related duties as assigned.
– Develop weekly and monthly sales strategies and reporting to the Senior Management Team to ensure monthly and annual sales targets are achieved and/or exceeded.
– Develops annual marketing plans and implements and coordinates said plan throughout the year.
– Participates and contributes to the strategic and business planning process at a senior level.
– Recruit, manage, and lead direct reports, ensuring compliance with provincial employment standards.
– Provide mentorship and coaching to direct reports.
– Ensure staffing of sales center/show home as follows: M-T 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm, weekend and holidays 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
– Attend and lead weekly sales team meetings and attend other meetings for site communication.
Education & Experience
– High School or GED
– Minimum five (5) years relevant experience and success in new home and condominium sales role(s) in which they managed their own area
– Understanding fundamentals of contracts with contract negotiation experience
– Working knowledge of the Condominium Property Act
– Leadership and mentorship experience, specifically with sales associates with a demonstrated ability to help them advance their career
– Working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g., MS Office Teams, etc.) and other technology
View original article here Source