Our large enterprise Edmonton client requires a senior level Project Manager contract for 12 months with likely extension starting in early July.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for managing major initiatives that will require significant interaction with senior executives and the Information Technology department. The scope of the engagement will include primarily the implementation of COTS products. Organizationally this role will report directly to the Project Portfolio Management Office and also work with the business to define requirements, manage the projects and have project fiscal responsibility. The successful candidate will have a track record of delivering projects on time, within budget while meeting or exceeding client expectations.
Working within a large and dynamic enterprise environment in Edmonton, Alberta, showcasing your Project Management experience on a long term contract!
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for:
· Complying with standards and governance established through the PMO
· Ensuring the successful implementation of COTS solutions which are public facing.
· Managing assigned projects having multiple internal and external stakeholders
· Creating and managing:
o project charters,
o project standard controls,
o preparing for and chairing project steering committees and working committees,
o project financials,
o project plans
· Facilitating requirements documentation in collaboration with an Analyst
· Ensuring project plans are up to date and maintained within the SmartSheets toolset.
· Degree or diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline (suitable experience may be considered in lieu)
· Experience with delivering a variety of different projects, including: Infrastructure, COTS, Applications and Telecommunications
· Strong business acumen
· Strong collaboration skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Minimum 12 years’ experience as a Project Manager with at least 4 years as a Senior PM.
· Strong facilitation skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Previous experience with SmartSheets (training will be provided)
· Familiarity with Clarity PPM software is an asset but training will be provided.
· Having an active certification as a PMP and/or Prince 2 practitioner is a definite asset but not mandatory.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please contact your local Randstad Technologies representative or email firstname.lastname@example.org your resume for consideration.
View original article here Source