Royal Camp Services is a privately held company which provides industry leading remote location accommodations for workforce housing. We offer long-term and seasonal employment in the culinary, hospitality, remote site services, and remote site operations industries.
Reporting to the Chef or an assigned 1st Cook, a Prep Cook is responsible for supporting kitchen activities in order to maintain an efficient camp for our clients.
Job duties can include but are not limited to the following:
– Assist with of all aspects of cooking (i.e., proteins, sauces, starches, vegetables, etc.)
– Sandwich making, salad making, breakfast, hot prep, cold prep, assisting in baking, and other tasks as assigned by chef or first cook
– Dealing with various diets including vegetarian, vegan, cultural, and food allergies as directed by Chef or First Cook
– Safely use all kitchen equipment under the direction of Chef or First Cook (i.e., flattop, grill, fryer, meat slicer etc.)
– Demonstrate proper knife skills
– Ensure all daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning tasks are completed
– Ensure food quality, food safety (including reporting all food allergies), and food standards are met
– Adhere to all safety policies and procedures as per task, equipment usage, or PPE requirements
– Complete OHS required documents, including temperature charts
– Participate in toolbox/tailgate meetings, complete field level hazard assessment, and hazard identifications on a daily basis
– Assist in unloading the grocery truck
– All other duties as assigned
– 2-3 years of previous relevant kitchen experience considered an asset
– Must supply own transportation to our pickup points in Edmonton and / or Grande Prairie
– Red Seal Cook Certification or in the process completing apprenticeship considered an asset
– Post-secondary culinary education considered an asset
– Must have a valid Standard First Aid certification and an Alberta Health Services approved Food Safety Certificate
– Must have attention to detail and food presentation skills
– Strong organizational skills and time management skills
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills (including reading, writing, and speaking English)
– Must be able to lift, move, push, pull, and carry up to 25 lbs.
– Available for casual work rotations including but not limited to 21-7, 10-4, 9-5, and 14-7
– Available to work a day shift, afternoon shift, split shift, or night shift
– Be able to provide at least 2 professional work references
What We Offer:
– Opportunities for advancement through internal promotions and culinary apprenticeships
– A strong safety culture emphasizing training and awareness so that you come home safely
– Competitive industry wages which outperform similar jobs in urban areas
– High performing coworkers who will help you excel and adapt to a remote camp environment
Our positions are safety sensitive and require employees to successfully complete a site pre-access drug and alcohol test and site specific training.
Due to the volume of applications received phone calls, walk-ins and / or faxed resumes will not be accepted.
View original article here Source