In Step Physical Therapy applies an interdisciplinary team approach to an energetic clinic environment. We value our unique and positive culture. The Physiotherapist Assistant acts as a health care worker who helps to teach clients to effectively cope with their limitations in movement, daily functioning, and activities. Responsibilities range program planning assistant, patient education/ support of self-care to administrative duties and record keeping.
We are looking for problem solvers, fun, and enthusiastic team players to help us improve the health and well- being of all our patients. Our clinicians are recognized leaders in their fields.
Previous Physiotherapy Clinic experience is an asset.
• Assist and work along side the physiotherapist when carrying out the assessment and treatment of patients.
• Provide patient/ family education and support to address physical, emotional and self-care need as assigned.
• To use effective communication tools, verbal and non-verbal to communicate treatment programs and obtain consent from service users who may have barriers to understanding or communicating.
• Provide timely and astute information to relevant team members about the patient’s performance.
• Actively participate in program planning.
• Assist in the implementation components of the treatment plan as directed by the physiotherapist
• Assist patients with activities such as walking, transfers and safe mobility.
• Provide assistance to patients with his/her individual cognitive, perceptual and physical programs.
• Help conduct group activities/ exercise programs
• Monitor and reporting changes in health status to the supervisor.
• Assembling and set up of therapy equipment.
• Assist with patient preparation activities, such as escorting patients and preparing patients for treatment.
View original article here Source