Fountain Tire is looking for an experienced Marketing Specialist to join our Products and Pricing team located in our South Edmonton Corporate Head Office.
What do we offer?
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits for you and your family including RRSP matching
- Recognition and incentives for your contribution to the organization
- Educational Allowances that support individual growth and development
- Policies and programs that support a balanced lifestyle, including flex days and an easy commute to our office located close to the Calgary Trail and Southside Anthony Henday
- Discounts for you and your family on tires, parts and services at all Fountain Tire locations
Why work for Fountain Tire?
- We are one of Alberta’s Top 70 Employers for 2018 and 2017
- We are a Platinum Member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies
- We are one of the 10 largest independent tire dealers in North America, and recipient of many Customer Service and Best Business Awards
- We continually strive to expand our operations in existing markets, as well as new markets and currently, we have over 160 stores from BC through Ontario
The Marketing Specialist will research, coordinate, and execute programs related to assigned product categories. This includes pricing, promotions, sales, and merchandising plans that will increase sales, gross margins, and overall market share. Regular duties will include:
- Maintain product portfolio (product screen, product gaps, additions and deletions).
- Administer and maintain item details, including pricing, features and benefits in corporate ERP system (MS Dynamics AX).
- Report on category performance including sales and margin performance, variance analysis, sales forecast, sales trends, and plans to achieve budget.
- Contribute to unit forecasting and inventory management effectiveness.
- Develop, administer, and report on category promotions (e.g. return on investment, lessons learned). Manage annual promotional plan for assigned category.
- Conduct regular competitive analysis and acquire benchmark pricing information to support marketing efforts within assigned category. Document and maintain history.
- Communicate all relevant category information and programs accurately and in a timely fashion to appropriate personnel, including field associates and Operations team members. Be responsive to and thorough with inquiries from store associates.
- Monitor and provide input on all communication instruments related to the product category (e.g. corporate website, Intranet, external publications, advertising, etc.)
- Manage vendor relations and negotiations within the assigned product category. Document vendor programs, product offerings, pricing, incentives, payment terms, etc. Hold vendors accountable for their products’ performance and price competitiveness.
- Support sales teams with their customer proposals.
- Travel to various meetings and conferences as required.
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Participate in all safety initiatives as required or assigned to guarantee safety at Fountain Tire.
The necessary experience, knowledge, skills and abilities required in the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce with a major in Marketing plus 5 years of related marketing experience.
- Experience in the automotive aftermarket would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of marketing concepts with an emphasis on Product Management, Promotion, & Pricing.
- Ability to propose, refine and sell ideas/programs to leaders within the company (sales, ops, store managers).
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships with team members and suppliers.
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects from inception through to implementation; this includes the creation and maintenance of appropriate documentation.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills to be able to handle multiple priorities and competing demands.
- Good negotiation and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking abilities with a focused attention to detail.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to communicate effectively with various audiences.
- Noticeably a cultural fit with Fountain Tire.
- Has a track record of performing marketing research and planned execution.
- Strong computer and reporting skills with an advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to accommodate average annual travel of 10%.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply on-line. In office resumes will be accepted by reception only.