Are you looking for an opportunity to learn unique building methods in a vast range of construction including residential multistory, commercial, agricultural, and industrial? Do you want to be part of a winning team and thrive to perform with high accuracy and attention to detail?
Eagle Builders is western Canada’s leader in precast concrete construction. We are a growing organization and have the opportunity for an experienced construction estimator to join our dynamic team of professionals.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in multi-story residential construction with their knowledge of related building systems adding value to our estimating team. The diligent individual will prepare accurate construction estimates for projects by gathering information and analyzing important variables. Responsible for estimating multiple projects at one time while working independently and in a team environment. Must possess excellent communication skills, numerical skills, analytical mindset, and organization skills.
• Responsible for quantity take off, pricing of work and material, and closing of tenders
• Review specifications and drawings of open tenders
• Supply necessary sub-trades with required drawings and data
• Review designs and specifications for cost effectiveness; provide recommendations for alternates where applicable
• Review project plans and specifications and coordinate with team members to confirm complete scope
• Work effectively in estimating take off software, Excel spreadsheets and construction estimating software.
• Proven experience in construction estimating, specifically in residential multistory buildings, commercial, agricultural, or industrial
• Understanding of building systems such as mechanical, electrical, structure and exterior envelope
• Familiar with precast concrete is considered an asset
• Hands on experience with an understanding of the different scopes and processes of construction
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Basic knowledge in Autodesk software (Revit, AutoCAD) considered an asset
• Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications
• Attentive to detail, organized and able to meet deadlines under pressure are a must
• English communication skills, both written and verbal
• Critical thinker and problem solver
• A valid driver’s license with reliable transportation
• Must be available to work flexible hours if required
• Must be eligible to work in Canada
• Willing to relocate to central Alberta
What Eagle Builders offers you?
• Competitive wage based on your knowledge, skillset, and experience
• The opportunity to grow within the company
• Outstanding benefits after 3 months (dental, medical, vision, disability)
• 3 weeks vacation to start and 6.0 % vacation pay
• Guaranteed every Sunday off and Statutory Holidays
Position: Construction Estimator
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Blackfalds, Alberta
Closing Date: November 27th at 4:00pm
Please submit resume and cover letter to our website: www.eaglebuilders.ca/careers
We thank you for your interest in this position but only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
View original article here Source