We are looking for motivated people who want to begin a new career in fire protection. This position is best suited for someone who enjoys working at night and working with their hands. Mechanical aptitude and the ability to learn quickly are considered an asset. Previous experience is considered huge asset.
We offer paid training shifts where you will learn the basics of commercial kitchen exhaust cleaning. After three months, you’ll get a pay raise and can begin working toward certification. Motivated individuals could become certified within 9 months! Becoming certified also comes with another pay raise.
– Valid Driver’s License is a MUST
– Clear written and verbal communication in English
– Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
– Comfortable working with ladders
– Punctual and reliable
– Maintenance of commercial kitchen exhaust systems, which involves inspecting, testing and servicing
– Completion of reports and communication with restaurant management
– Work hours typically range from 10:00 PM – 6:00 AM. (Start times vary)
– Job sites are throughout Edmonton with regular trips that include Fort McMurray, Calgary, Red Deer and Lethbridge (with additional compensation)
– $19+ an hour to start on probationary period for technician
– $24+ an hour to start on probationary period for lead hand
– $50 per day paid for Living Out Allowance on trips
– Typical shifts vary between 6.5 – 8 hours but top up hours are provided
– 4% vacation pay paid out bi-weekly
-Benefits provided – Health Care Spending Account
If you are interested in starting a new career in an industry with opportunity for advancement, please send your resume and a brief description of yourself and why you believe you would be a good fit.