Founded in 2015, Steel Bull Construction, part of the Tech Construction Group, has since been serving the industrial construction market throughout western Canada, providing earthworks, underground utilities, piling and concrete foundation services for new construction and maintenance projects. Tech prides itself on brining collaborative and professional approaches to our clients and has the ability to offer complete turn-key industrial underground packages, allowing general contractors to save money through schedule efficiencies and risk mitigation by dealing with one, as opposed to multiple contractors. These services can be coupled together or separately, depending upon client or project requirements.
This site and office based role will work with projects superintendents, clients/consultants and will require the ability to safely lead a crew with a positive attitude and demeanor. The Foreman will report to the Company’s General Manager.
• Supervise civil crews in small to medium size civil scopes (cut/fill, excavations and trenching, trailer pads and roads)
• Read blueprints and specifications to determine construction requirements and to plan procedures and methodology
• Identifies manpower requirements for the project and makes recommendation to Superintendent, Project Manager
• Assign work to employees, based on material and worker requirements of specific jobs
• Confer with the Superintendent to resolve problems and to coordinate activities
• Work with Superintendent to plan daily tasks; implement plan with crew
• Recommends equipment replacement, addition, deletion, modifications and ensure that required maintenance is completed
• Effectively plans and supervises crews on a task basis
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience supervising crews, managing job sites and coordinating daily activities
• Experience conducting daily & weekly safety meetings
• Experience with filling out daily logs, forms and time sheets for the crew
• Experience managing crews ranging from 2 to 20 members
• Willingness & ability to manage a crew while also operating equipment on site
• A Valid Class 5 driver’s license and reliable vehicle to commute to/from job sites
• Ability to read and understand blueprints & grade stakes
• Strong communication skills.
• A positive attitude and the ability to work well with others.
View original article here Source