Are you interested in practicing law, but also want to enjoy some work-life balance?
KINHNICKI Law is a busy firm in Leduc – a small-town feel, but no shortage of work. We handle a variety of files including family, child welfare, criminal, real estate, wills and estates.
We are currently hiring lawyers to handle a variety of matters and are able to tailor your position towards your personal interests in criminal, family, or solicitor work. The ideal candidate is someone who will work hard and independently to assist our clients, but also enjoys collaborating and socializing. We enjoy our work and colleagues and are looking for the right fit for our team.
The barrister position will entail:
• Assisting Private Retainer & Legal Aid Clients
• Attend regular Court throughout rural Alberta (Leduc, Wetaskiwin, Camrose, Breton, Drayton Valley, etc);
• Provide summary advice as duty counsel;
• Handle trial and complex file matters; and
• Manage a full, robust practice.
The Ideal Candidate will demonstrate some or all the following skills:
• Good critical thinking skills;
• Effective oral and written advocacy abilities;
• Negotiation and alternate dispute resolution skills;
• self-motivated with an ongoing interest in professional development;
• an understanding of the law and a keen desire to learn more;
• Efficient time and practice management skills as well as keen organizational skills; and
• Litigation experience (criminal, family, and / or child welfare), but experience in other areas of law considered an asset.
• Juris Doctor or Bachelor of Laws
• A member in good standing with the Law Society of Alberta
• Ability to travel
Salary: Wages can be paid on either a salary or percentage basis.
Salary package will commensurate with skills, experience, and billings.
Additional benefits: flexible work schedule, benefits plan, bonus opportunities, professional development allowance, on-site free parking, an office dog for mental health breaks, and of course regular social events.
Our firm offers a unique opportunity for young lawyers who want to grow your practice, while still enjoying a work-life balance that cannot be found downtown. If you love the practice of law, but also enjoy your family and friends; this will be the right fit for you.
This position is will also be ideal for someone who loves being in the court room and is looking to develop a practice in criminal and/or family law, with support and mentorship.
Is this you? If so, please apply with a cover letter, CV, and a sample of your legal writing.
View original article here Source