Ironhorse Railroad Contractors specializes in the railway industry who provides competitive wages, paid safety and hands on job training, paid travel time, hotels and per diem for out of town assignments, along with career growth opportunities.
We are currently looking to hire a seasonal Trackman in Crossfield, AB. You must have 3 + years of experience in the Construction Industry. Note: this job will require travel throughout multiple cities in your province with the possibility of other cities in your part of the country.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Repair and/or replace turnout components as needed, such as switch points, frogs, plates etc
• Repair and/or replace track components as needed, such as rail, ties, plates, spikes, timber crossings etc
• Observes conditions of track, track beds, and track right-of-way to detect, report and repair problems or defects.
• Operates company vehicles and/or equipment and ensures all daily maintenance and inspections of the units are completed.
• Performs special duties as assigned by the Track Maintenance Foreman.
• General understanding of how to operate small equipment such as, but not limited to rail saws, drills, grinders, puller, air compressor, bolter, and back pack blower
• General understanding how to operate hand tools such as, but not limited to hammers, claw bars, drift pin, scythes, brooms, shovel, pick, and track jacks.
• Reporting to the Superintendent or Project Manager
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in the Construction industry.
• Knowledge of all aspects of track maintenance
• Certified in Canadian Railway Operating Rules
• Ability to read and understand specific documents including schedules, standard railway plans and specifications.
• Ability to understand and efficiently carry out instructions
• Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work being performed
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license Physical Requirements and Clean Drivers Abstract
• Frequently stands, walks, climbs, balances, lifts, bends, and moves objects up to 50 pounds.
• Exposed to all weather conditions including very hot and very cold weather.
• Exposed to loud noise
• Ability to work: Days, Afternoons and Nights
• Valid certification in CROR
• Training in First Aid, WHMIS
View original article here Source