Our Alberta group has an opportunity for a Full-Time Vehicle Delivery Technician. This position will be based out of Calgary Airport and pays $17.75 / hour.
- Monday-Friday: 8:00AM-4:00PM
The Vehicle Delivery Technician will perform light maintenance on vehicles, complete vehicle inspections of retired units, complete pre-delivery inspections on new vehicles, and conduct the in-fleeting process according to company procedures. This position is one of routine difficulty and requires the exercise of reasonable judgment, initiative, and attention to detail. This position requires the ability to work in various weather conditions as most of the work will be conducted outside. (i.e. snow, sleet, rain, heat)
- Perform in-fleet servicing on new vehicles according to company required procedures and utilizing the delivery checklist.
- Inspect vehicle deliveries from transporter for damages and/or missing parts and complete the delivery receipt as required by the manufacturer.
- Pull license plates for arrived units, install units, print VIN prints, and put plates on cars.
- Keep lot organized and move cars as need to keep lot organized and utilize space efficiently.
- Perform car inventories as needed.
- Perform all in-fleet servicing of vehicle stock as needed on the overflow lots.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as required.
- Ensure efficiency of incoming and outgoing vehicles by working as a team.
- Perform light maintenance duties as needed. (i.e. jump starts, tire changes)
- Maintain and organize key security
- Vehicle fueling and reclamation
- Check-in vehicles (daily)
- Maintain regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have a valid driver’s license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 3 years
- No drug or alcohol related conviction on driving record in the past 5 years
- Must be authorized to work in Canada and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
- Must be able to work in various weather related conditions (i.e. heat, cold, rain, snow)
- Must be able to withstand moderate physical activity (i.e. lifting up to 30lbs, long periods of walking and standing)
- Apart from religious observations, must be able to work the following schedule(s) Monday-Friday: 8:00AM-4:00PM
Successful candidates will also have:
- Knowledge and understanding of company’s principles, policies, procedures, and standards
- Knowledge of mechanical service procedures to perform light maintenance activities
- Ability to operate an automobile and shop equipment in a safe manner
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to understand, read and write English
- Time management and organizational skills
- Comfortable working independently or in a team
View original article here Source