At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
As Canada’s largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we’re not only leading our industry, but we’re redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we’re committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
This is your opportunity.
About the role
As a Unit Claims Manager in our Property Claims department, you will lead and develop a high performing team of property adjusters. You will play an integral role by maintaining a legendary customer focused approach while advising on solutions for internal and external sources. You will provide technical expertise and leadership to ensure efficient work processes are achieved.
This role will give you the chance to:
- Participate in the development and execution of business goals and manage operations to achieve key business goals.
- Develop, recommend and implement management and/or organizational initiatives to support company strategies including process/technology improvements.
- Drive results by implementing appropriate performance expectations and management through effectively coaching and mentoring employees.
- Provide coaching on technical and professional skills for your team and facilitate continuous learning by building robust development plans for your employees.
- Play a key and active role in the selection process and hiring of employees who will deliver a legendary level of service.
- Act in a consultative and advisory capacity on claims matters such as, policy interpretation and settlement negotiation to help resolve claims-related issues.
- Liaise with other claims experts on technical and administrative issues.
- Maintain productive business relationships and effective communication with other claims teams, underwriting and vendors.
- Provide effective leadership by continuously keeping staff informed of changes or new directions and share responsibility for the overall productivity and engagement of team members.
- Participate in other projects and initiatives as required.
- 2+ years insurance management experience or 5+ years progressive claims experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of property claims an asset.
- Demonstration of the Leadership Success Factors and able to provide recent and relevant examples.
- Ability to effectivity organize and manage multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Independent ability to manage remote employees and drive business results.
- Excellent analytical skills to review policy, legal and regulatory interpretation and implementation.
- Strong change management skills.
- Superior problem-solving skills with the ability to implement innovative solutions.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of staff.
- Committed to self-development (i.e. – CIP participation).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it’s a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Flexible Work Arrangements
Right now, we support 100% remote work, if your role permits. We anticipate that in November, we’ll be moving to a hybrid approach which gives us the best of both worlds – a mix of home and in-office workdays.
This posting closes on September 9, 2021 at 11:59PM EST.
This role is eligible for employee referral bonus. #myReferrals1000
View original article here Source