Our Calgary client is looking for an experienced Unix System Administrator who has extensive experience in planning, coordinating and executing patch management operations.
The successful contractor will assist in the creation in virtual machines using VMware and Nutanix. They will have strong experience with centrally managed RedHat Linux, HPUX and Solaris systems patched through automated processes or in some cases manually if required to bring the systems in to compliance.
The contractor will work closely with and clearly articulate to the project team, the customer and the technical team to plan, scope and manage deployments and upgrades based on Shaw standards.
• General administrative RedHat Linux (5,6,7), HPUX 11.31 and Solaris 10 environments
• Experience with patch and software management through RedHat Linux systems via command line or via RedHat Satellite Server and Ansible.
• Experience in systems vulnerability management
Experience with IAM for the specific technology (Unix)
• Validating that vulnerabilities have been addressed; Experience in reviewing and analyzing evidence of remediation of security findings, providing guidance and expertise where necessary
• Demonstrated experience with VMware vSphere administration
• Ability to compose technical reports using patch management tools.
• Five years of applicable experience in a Unix server environment, managing, troubleshooting and strong understanding of all concepts.
• Nights and/or weekends availability for patching that falls outside of the normal business Window.
• Excellent communication skills both written and spoken.
Randstad Professionals Canada
Randstad Canada is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Randstad Canada is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments.If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise your Randstad Representative or your local Randstad branch in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please contact your local Randstad Canada Branch.
View original article here Source