Lehigh Hanson is North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada. We are also part of Heidelberg Cement Group, one of the world’s largest building materials companies
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Area HR Manager in Calgary, AB. This position will be responsible for leading human resources initiatives in Southern Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba by aligning human capital with the business strategy, the adoption of best practices, and the attraction, development, and retention of employees. The successful candidate must also work closely with senior management and the Region HR team to accomplish objectives in the areas of safety and health, benefits, compensation, employment relations, HR systems, internal communications, leadership development, recruiting, and training.
Some travel in the area of responsibility is required.
What you’ll get to do
- Provide human resource services to the business including compensation, benefits, employee relations, performance management, training and development and relocation support
- Advise and counsel management in the areas of Company policy, Federal, Provincial and Municipal Employment Laws, Human Rights, and related legislation
- Counsel internal customers on work related issues at all levels
- Provide sound HR counsel to the area’s executive team
- Provide guidance on policies including interpretation and discipline
- With an HR insight, helps determine the short-term and long-term business strategy
- Partners with the Canada Region HR Team to achieve agreed upon objectives
- Leads and facilitates change management
- Ensures that adequate and effective training and development opportunities are provided that meet the business needs
- Effectively manages employee relations issues
- Coordinate on projects, compliance, testing, reporting, and facilitate problem solving and resolution
- Ensures compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures, including implementation of Group and NAM guidelines and training.
Essential Experience & Skills
- Post-Secondary in Human Resources or related field strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years HR management experience
- Working knowledge of Federal and Provincial labor and employment laws and regulations is required.
- Experience with Labour Relations will be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid computer skills including MS Office products
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Knowledge of change management principles, strategies and techniques required for effectively evaluating, planning, and implementing change in the organization
This position is primarily located an office but requires conducting business in conditions that may include inclement weather, heat, humidity, elevated noise levels, dusty environment and moving mechanical equipment
What we have to offer
- Competitive base salary and participation in our annual incentive plan
- Highly competitive benefits programs
- Retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions
- Our pre-employment process includes: reference checks, a medical including drug & alcohol testing, and a criminal record check.
Lehigh Hanson – Canada
View original article here Source