We are currently looking for a part time person to drive a bus built to haul dogs a well as act as an animal attendant on the bus. Class 5 license and experience driving larger vehicles are required.
MUST HAVE A PASSPORT AND BE ABLE TO ENTER THE USA
1. Prepare bus for departure by making sure all crates and supplies needed are on board.
2. Do a full pre trip and post trip inspection daily
3. Fill out a log book daily
4. Cross all weigh scales as a commercial vehicle
5. Drive the bus in conjunction with another driver making sure both drivers get rest.
6. Fuel and check fluids
7. Confirm the correct dogs are loaded on board
8. Help walk the dogs at potty stops.
9. Clear customs. The dogs are either cleared by a broker or the receiving organization
10. Help unload dogs at destination
11. Keep bus clean and operational
Must be able to drive 10 hours a day on the way back as a double team
1. Help the driver as required
2. Help load dogs
3. Fill out a log sheet of dogs
4. Clean crates as they are messed in.
5. Feed and water dogs
6. Give pups meds as required
7. Walk dogs at potty spots
8. Help unload dogs.
9. Keep bus clean and organized
WHAT THE TRIP LOOKS LIKE:
On the way down the bus stops every night for sleep in a motel. Once you are loaded with dogs you drive as a double team back and there are no motels.
At potty stops we do our best to have volunteers meet to help.
The bus is equipped with a recliner and futon right now and we are building a bed. The bus holds 50 or so dogs.
Our main routes are Calgary to Los Angeles, Sacramento and Denver.
We also have day trips as well.
If this interests you, please respond back with your abstract and resume.
View original article here Source