Amity Environmental provides our clients with quality service and technical knowledge in hazardous waste management and remediation, including asbestos, mold, lead-based paint, industrial hygiene and indoor air quality, environmental audits, compliance audits, property acquisition/cleanup, resource recovery/recycling services, and emergency/disaster response.
Lead Hand/Site Supervisor – Abatement & Remediation
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Organize and coordinate remediation projects.
• Assist with development of cost estimates and schedules.
• Plan and implement asbestos and remediation protocol, means/methods, schedules, productivity, and site logistics.
• On-site coordination of crew, materials and equipment.
• Prioritize phases and tasks. Schedule tasks to maintain forward progress based on contract and time constraints.
• Ensure compliance with all required safety protocols.
• Maintain professionalism, diplomacy, and tact to represent the company in a positive manner.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Minimum two (2) years’ knowledge and experience with hazardous materials remediation services required (ie asbestos, lead, mold, etc).
Candidate must have a valid “Occupational Health and Safety for the Asbestos Worker” ticket, issued by Alberta Government
Two (2) years’ knowledge and experience in other aspects of restoration would be considered an asset.
Experience running a crew, or otherwise managing employees/contractors would be considered an asset
Combination of education, certifications, and other relevant work experience may be considered.
Hands-On leadership mentality required.
Strong project and time management skills. Demonstrated expertise establishing priorities and project deadlines.
Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and professional demeanor.
Able to perform manual labor with no restrictions, which may include but will not be limited to lifting, carrying, climbing, crawling, repetitive motion.
Able to work in non-climate-controlled environments, occasionally in moderate heat.
Proficient computer skills; ability to confidently learn and utilize various software programs.
Valid DL, clean driving record, and reliable transportation. Must be insurable under company policy. Experience with driving a truck with bumper pull trailer.
Must be able to TRAVEL TO JOB SITES to perform work. Assignments may require minimal overtime, weekend work, and travel / work at remote locations.
Compensation will commensurate with work experience, education, and certifications, typically in the range of $23-26/hr.
View original article here Source