Position Title: Parts and Service Coordinator
Location: Calgary, AB
Summary of Position
The Parts and Service Coordinator will report directly to the Fleet and Service Manager and will be located at our Calgary facility. This position is responsible for sourcing parts and supplies, organizing the parts room, and managing inventory levels across the business. This position will work closely with the Manager to prepare customer job estimates, assist with opening and closing work orders, and maintain client and vendor relations including ensuring invoices and other billing issues are handled promptly.
This position is a critical part of our business and the ideal candidate is a career parts professional who is mechanically inclined and a problem solver that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• Responsible for parts ordering and returns, verification of prices, assigning purchase orders and ensuring parts are organized and stocked appropriately.
• Manage inventory, quality control, and track incoming and outgoing parts.
• Process incoming requisitions and issue or distribute parts and supplies for internal use.
• Work with the Operations Team to source parts for our north district location and field operations.
• Prioritize orders and service based on customer urgency.
• Assist the Manager in preparing job estimates.
• Receive incoming customer calls and gather all information needed regarding required repairs and equipment issues.
• Open and finalize work orders and ensure they are ready for Manager review and approval.
• Ensure all parts are added to work orders in an orderly manner.
• Update work orders with feedback received from Manager and Leads (including unit snag lists).
• Greet and build relationships with all Movac customers and vendors.
• Organize and oversee shop parts room inventory and shop supplies inventory.
• Work proactively to ensure competitive pricing on parts and assist the Manager with any request for pricing initiatives.
• Establish inventory reorder limits/points with the Fleet Manager and Operations Leaders.
• Processing invoices and payments.
• May assist with truck/unit inventory.
• Arranges for pick-up and delivery of parts and supplies and may pick up and deliver parts as needed.
• Conduct all job responsibilities in accordance with the Movac HSE standards, guidelines, and rules.
• Other duties as required.
Experience and Competencies
• Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in ordering, purchasing, issuing, and inventorying automotive and heavy equipment parts, accessories, and tools.
• Journeyperson Parts Certification is preferred.
• Ability to plan, schedule and maintain a vehicle parts inventory operation.
• Understanding of vehicle parts and repair terminology.
• Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook and experience using Shop Boss is preferred.
• Highly effective communicator including strong telephone and customer service skills.
• Willingness to ask questions when in need of support, desire, and ability to understand the bigger picture and company objectives.
• Organized and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment with constantly shifting priorities.
• Strong work ethic and persistence to finish assigned tasks from start to finish while paying attention to details.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external clients.
• Overall interaction and professionalism with both internal business units and external customers and vendors.
• A positive attitude towards safety and contributing to improve Movac’s overall safety culture.
• Possession of a valid Alberta drivers licence (Class 5).
Movac offers individuals a dynamic work environment including competitive wages, benefit program, and ongoing training and development opportunities. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure your application is reviewed as quickly as possible, please indicate “Parts and Service Coordinator” in the subject line of your message. Movac is an equal opportunity employer, and we thank all applicants for their time and interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
View original article here Source