Atlas Land Services is currently looking for a determined and detailed Heavy-Duty Mechanic for our growing company, to join our team and work collaboratively with a team of like-minded individuals. The successful candidate will work at our Calgary location, as well as perform work on job sites as required.
• Repair and maintenance of heavy equipment (Excavator, dozer, loaders, trommel, etc.) and commercial gravel trucks.
• Schedule equipment, prioritize repairs based on needs of the field
• Determine parts required for repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
• Ensure the timely performance of repairs and maintenance based on the direction and schedule created by the Manager or supervisor.
• Inspect equipment and ensure adherence to necessary mechanical and safety requirements.
• Fill out maintenance reports and other required documentations.
• Anticipate potential mechanical issues and make recommendations.
• Ensure the cleanliness and organization of the work environment.
• Provide excellent customer service to drivers, managers and other applicable staff.
• Willingness and ability to assist and complete repairs on medium to heavy duty trucks and equipment.
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisors or manager
• High Mechanical aptitude
• Working knowledge of gas as well as diesel engines are an asset.
• Physically able to handle weight of up to 50 lbs.
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate technical requirements to technical and non-technical colleagues.
• Proven decision making and critical thinking skills.
• Experience with job task planning and organizing.
• Reliable, punctual and a team player, willing to work long hours when required.
• Open to continuous learning.
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
• Demonstrate an aptitude and ability to diagnose and trouble shoot of repairs to engines and equipment.
• Minimum 3 years experience as a Mechanic.
• Class 5 driver’s licence required (no restrictions) with a clean or near clean driver’s abstract
• Red Seal/Journeyman or Trade Certificate (An asset – Preferred)
Atlas thanks all applicants for their submissions, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit a copy of your resume to: email@example.com
View original article here Source