Position Title: Field Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Summary of Position
As a Field Heavy Equipment Technician, reporting to the Fleet Supervisor, you will be responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of Movac’s fleet of equipment in the field. You will work closely with Movac Operations including Supervisors and Operators to ensure the effective operations of our fleet equipment. This is a field-based position (accommodations in camp) and you will be performing all job duties out of a service truck. The role will start on a Monday – Friday schedule (Friday as the travel day) but could be subject to change.
Movac prides itself on the safe and reliable execution of work for our clients, and as a Field Heavy Equipment Technician, you will be responsible to participate in daily safety meetings and follow Movac’s safety procedures to ensure the safe execution of your work.
• Perform scheduled preventative maintenance, repairs, testing, visual inspections, and diagnosis of fleet equipment in the field.
• Perform testing and inspection to ensure repairs are complete and in compliance with manufacture specifications and government regulations and standards.
• Assist in troubleshooting, researching, and sourcing information for complex repairs.
• Conduct field inspections, preventative maintenance, and repairs, both scheduled and random
• Provide troubleshooting, course of action for emergency repairs.
• Maintains and completes accurate preventative maintenance documentation and service records.
• Conduct all job responsibilities in accordance with the Movac HSE standards, guidelines, and rules.
• Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
• Understand and implement safe work practices and adhere to regulatory compliance as it relates to the organization’s industry.
Experience and Competencies
• Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician
• Experience in the repair and maintenance of water, vac and end-dump units
• Class 5 Licence with Q Endorsement
• Safety tickets including First Aid, H2S and CSO
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working with heavy equipment, tractors, trailers and light trucks OR combination of education and experience.
• Experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical issues
• Ability to read schematics, drawings, or manuals to assist with diagnosis and repair of heavy equipment.
• Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
• Team player and service-oriented approach.
• Able to work independently.
• High level of attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
• Ability and willingness to implement continuous improvement with the team.
• Clean Drivers’ Abstract
• Pre-employment alcohol and drug testing
Movac offers individuals a dynamic work environment including competitive wages, benefit program, and ongoing training and development opportunities. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ensure your application is reviewed as quickly as possible, please indicate “Field Heavy Equipment Technician” in the subject line of your message. Movac is an equal opportunity employer, and we thank all applicants for their time and interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
View original article here Source