Company: Diva Salon and Spa – Market Mall
Location: 3625 Shaganappi Trail NW
Status: Full Time
Diva Salon and Spa offers a variety of opportunities in the beauty and wellness industry for motivated individuals who desire to excel in their field. Each Diva location in Calgary is unique in atmosphere, team and guests so that there is a location to suit each employee. Diva Salon and Spa leads the industry in technical, business and customer service training so that every employee is offered the opportunity to experience world-class education on an ongoing basis. Diva management strives to provide feedback and guided career planning and development for each team member. At Diva, we offer higher than competitive wages and as you grow in knowledge and skill, you earn wage and career advancement. Diva’s commitment to learning has contributed to our growth and status as national industry leader.
At Diva, we offer a career, not just a job.
The core responsibility of a stylist is to cut, color, perm, style hair, shampoo, perform hair and scalp treatments. Offer makeup touchups and retail salon products for all guests.
Stylists must assist other stylists, apprentices and frontline employees when needed and help in general salon up keeping.
This includes: preparing stylist’s next guest, applying color, styling, makeup touch ups, hand massages and offering beverages.
Help frontline book appointments and answer the phone, assist with inventory and greeting guests.
If a stylist or apprentice’s lack experience in any of the above areas, then he/she must accept all necessary education and training with the help of management to satisfy the requirements of his/her position.
– High school level
– Hair school Certification
– Red Seal Journeyman Hairstylist Certification
– Aveda background is a strong asset
– Strong communication skills to confidently explain information and converse with customers/clients
– Organizational skills to effectively maintain day to day requirements
– Self-confidence to take the initiative to approach potential customers/clients
– Achievement-motivated to work with Diva Salon and Spa to set and surpass realistic goals
– High traffic salon in a great location!
– Black Dress Code
– Positive and professional working environment
– 8-hour shift (or full-time equivalent)
– Open Monday-Sunday
– Nights and Weekends
What we are looking for:
– Passionate, dedicated, and creative individuals
– Individuals with flexible availability (availability to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays)
– Individuals who posses minimum of 1 year in-salon experience; – Red Seal Certification is required
– Individuals who care about the beauty industry and are willing to go above and beyond to provide amazing services!
Why Work at Diva?
– High wages/hourly plus commission. You have the potential to earn +50% commission!
Bonus system includes:
– Health benefits
– $500 towards basic education to get you started
– Education allowance
– One on one coaching with a qualified Aveda Educator
– Advanced training to grow your skills
– Support to become a Certified Aveda Educator (ACE)
– Support and guidance to enter competitions
– Opportunity to assist and/or join the Diva Artistic Team
– Staff and family discounts on products and services
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume or apply within.
Diva Salon and Spa would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Diva Salon and Spa is an equal opportunity employer