We are currently looking for a F/T Sandwich Artist in our 37 St. SW. location. Please read below job description carefully before apply for this position. If interested, please attach your resume and your cover letter. Also write down your availability and wage expectation. We will contact you if you are a good fit.
The Sandwich Artist® greets and serves guests, prepares food, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes light paperwork. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
Tasks and responsibilities*:
• Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their orders.
• Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains them to guests accurately.
• Uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and compute the amount of the bill. Collects payment from guests and makes change.
• Performs Cash-In Procedure- accounting for all forms of money, bread, etc., during the shift.
• Prepares food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner.
• Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
• Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.
• Cleans and maintains all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image. Understands and adheres to the 3-step method for cleaning.
• Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the Subway® Operations Manual.
• Maintains a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the Subway® Operations Manual.
• Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
• Completes University of SubwayTM courses as directed
Education: Some high school or equivalent.
Experience & skills: 1 year retail or food services experience required.Ability to understand and implement written and verbal instruction.
Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.