At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
As Canada’s largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we’re not only leading our industry, but we’re redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we’re committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
This is your opportunity.
About the role
As a Claims Manager in our Appraisal Claims department, you will lead a high-performing team of Unit Claims Managers towards the achievement of our strategic objectives. You will assist in directing resources within budget allocation and adhere to corporate policies and standards. The successful candidate can be based out of our Calgary or Edmonton offices.
With this purpose in mind, you will:
- Develop, recommend, and implement management and/or organizational initiatives to support company strategies including changes to process and technology improvements.
- Participate in the development and implementation of business plans and manage day-to-day operations to achieve key business goals.
- Effectively lead a group of Unit Claims Managers by motivating, coaching and mentoring while providing continuous learning and career development opportunities.
- Proactively manage workflow and people resources within our Claims Department to achieve regional goals and exceed customer expectations.
- Assist the Western Region management team in developing policies, strategies, budgets, long and short-term plans to facilitate ongoing work, process improvement, customer relations and other functions.
- Monitor performance and productivity and report monthly to appropriate stakeholders on progress towards specific goals and objectives.
- Maintain a respectful and collaborative business relationship with internal client groups, vendors and service providers.
- Lead on national appraisal and supply chain projects.
- 3+ years management experience in the insurance industry.
- Knowledge of the claims process and customer journey.
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example though Intact’s Leadership Success Factors.
- Strong ability to multitask and drive change in a fast-paced, performance driven environment.
- Effective communication and relationship building skills with all levels of staff.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to implement innovative solutions
- Flexible with travel as required.
- Completed or are working towards the Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation (preferred).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That’s why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it’s a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
This posting closes on June 22, 2021 at 11:59PM EST.
View original article here Source