Full Job Description
Purpose Statement Under direction of General Manager, Assistant General Manager or Shift Leader, Guest Specialist portions and prepares food items prior to cooking according to policies and procedures such as fish fillets, shrimp or vegetables. Guest Specialist portions and prepares food items prior to serving according to policies and procedures, such as coffee, tea and sauces. Guest Specialist also greet guest(s), offer refills on beverages/food in the dining room, enters orders on Point of Sale system/cash register, counts money and maintains a sanitary dining room, restroom and counter area work station. Other duties include prepares batter, cole slaw and salads; cooks fish, fries, chicken, shrimp or hush puppies; plates cooked items; maintains a sanitary kitchen work station on assigned shift
• Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards and company rules, policies and procedures.
• Identifies, portions and prepares food items for frying, baking and service.
• Fries items that are either breaded or battered.
• Plates fried or baked items with appropriately ordered side dishes.
• Brews Coffee and tea.
• Maintains a sanitary work station.
• Uses knives, utensils and equipment to portion, cut, slice, dip, batter, bread, maintain holding temperature, fry or otherwise produce food in the fry station.
• Maintains awareness of operational policies and procedures and ensures compliance during assigned shift; reports non-routine issues to the General Manager, Assistant General Manager or Shift Leader.
• Assists in ensuring company and operational policies and procedures are explained to employees, including safety and sanitation standards. Assists in monitoring safety conditions to ensure compliance to standards.
• Ensures control procedures are in place and being followed.
• May participate in new employee orientation.
• Assists in initial training and follow-up training of employees, including OSHA and safety rules, and documentation of training that has occurred.
• Works with management to ensure all employees receive proper training materials.
• Assists management in directing the activities of the kitchen to ensure excellent product quality and service are in place.
• Assists in maintaining proper inventories, compliance with cash control procedures and completion of related accounting and administrative reports, as required.
• Assists management in ensuring all areas are fully stocked and prepared for meal periods.
• Assists in ensuring posted daily and weekly cleaning schedules are adhered to and updated.
• Assists in monitoring and implementing all Fair Employment procedures established by the company.
• Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
• Performs other essential duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior customer service experience preferred.
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Email : email@example.com
View original article here Source