Do you have experience in carrying out minor repairs and basic building maintenance work? Are you passionate about providing great customer service? We have a fantastic opportunity to work in a prestigious downtown Calgary location, in the building maintenance team.
The building service maintenance will be responsible for minor repairs and requests, and basic preventative maintenance at a property that includes public spaces, offices and retail stores. You will be a direct point of contact for tenant requests, so experience in a customer-facing role is also important.
The pay rate is very competitive at $20.00 per hour, and the shift is a Monday to Friday day shift. The location is transit-accessible, in downtown Calgary. This is a temporary position with the potential to extend for the right candidate.
– Competitive pay at $20 an hour
– Monday to Friday day shift
– Prestigious, transit accessible location in downtown Calgary
– Temporary placement with the potential to extend
– Optional benefits are available through Randstad from your first payday
– Completion of minor repairs and requests such as hanging pictures, door repairs, moving furniture, dry walling etc. This will be in public spaces, offices and retail stores.
– Speaking directly with tenants to receive and respond to their requests
– Responsible for the set-up and take down of events
– Complete routine preventative maintenance tasks
– Perform building inspections and meter readings
– Maintain inventory of building services supplies
– Liaise with contractors for more complex repairs and maintenance
– At least 6 months experience in a similar role – for example as a handyman, in construction or other building services roles
– Experienced and comfortable using power and hand tools
– Able to ‘trouble shoot’ and fix basic repair and maintenance issues
– Excellent customer service skills, able to communicate effectively with customers, tenants, contractors and management
– Able to lift 50lbs
– Must have legal authorization to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or valid Canadian work permit.
If you have the relevant experience and are interested, we want to chat with you immediately! Please choose one of the options below to apply:
** Online: Apply directly to this job advert or register yourself online at www.randstad.ca
** Email: send your resume directly to the recruiting consultants: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the Building Services Technician role in the email subject line.
Not the right position for you?
We thank all applicants for expressing interest in the above Building Services Technician opportunity; however, only those candidates who meet the above requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Our light industrial team is always looking for talented individuals for work in SE Calgary. Feel free to send your resume to email@example.com to be considered for other opportunities.
Alternatively, you can visit our website at www.randstad.ca to view all of our current openings from all of our lines of business including Technologies, Engineering, Business Services, Professionals, and Skilled Trades.
Randstad Canada is committed to fostering a workforce reflective of all peoples of Canada. As a result, we are committed to developing and implementing strategies to increase the equity, diversity and inclusion within the workplace by examining our internal policies, practices, and systems throughout the entire lifecycle of our workforce, including its recruitment, retention and advancement for all employees. In addition to our deep commitment to respecting human rights, we are dedicated to positive actions to affect change to ensure everyone has full participation in the workforce free from any barriers, systemic or otherwise, especially equity-seeking groups who are usually underrepresented in Canada’s workforce, including those who identify as women or non-binary/gender non-conforming; Indigenous or Aboriginal Peoples; persons with disabilities (visible or invisible) and; members of visible minorities, racialized groups and the LGBTQ2+ community.
Randstad Canada is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace for all its candidates and employees by supporting their accessibility and accommodation needs throughout the employment lifecycle. We ask that all job applications please identify any accommodation requirements by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure their ability to fully participate in the interview process.
View original article here Source