Are you a seasoned IT professional, with a background as a DevOps Engineer, and extensive experience implementing and delivering large enterprise projects? Our Calgary enterprise client is seeking to hire a DevOps Engineer to join their team, on a 12-month contract with the potential for extension.
Apply to this amazing DevOps Engineer opportunity today!
Working hands-on with ground-breaking technology, the lab pioneers the development of innovative products through small agile teams. Our teams incorporate a variety of multidisciplinary skills, including industrial predictive algorithms, machine learning, and sentiment analysis.
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll work closely with the Digital team members to help increase the speed of delivery, improve quality of codes, and optimize processes.
What will you do?
• You’ll work closely with Tech Leads and developers of various teams to assess existing problems and to come up with process, quality and automation improvement solutions
• You will ensure efficient coordination of technical and administrative resources; and ensure coordination with other internal and/or external partners
• You’ll work closely with development team to build CI/CD pipeline in Azure DevOps to improve product release cadence
• You’ll also work with the development team to integrate testing scripts with CI/CD to improve the both code and product qualities and build the Azure dashboard
• You’ll identify bottlenecks in coding development and deployment processes
• You’ll build coding standardizations and automate processes for the organization
• You’ll lead employee research related to pain points in the coding and development process
• You’ll maintain and grow knowledge of platform configuration management and troubleshooting
• You’ll participate in deploying application artifacts to appropriate target environments using the supported technologies and infrastructure
• You’ll survey developers and technical members of the organization to understand their main pain points in the coding and development process
• You’ll support the development of a culture that is customer-centric, collaborative, risk-embracing, and entrepreneurial, and also represent the lab participating various technical community practices outside of lab
How do you qualify?
To qualify for the DevOps Engineer role with our Calgary client, you must have:
• You’re experienced in programming (5+ years, 10+ preferred)
• You have excellent coding and scripting skills (Bash, Perl) and experience with implementing high-scale cloud architectures using modern, cloud-based container platforms (PaaS/SaaS)
• You have a working knowledge of deployment automation solutions (i.e. ARM, Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
• You are familiar with cloud infrastructure (Azure) and cluster management tools like Kubernetes
• You’re experienced in containers such as Docker, OpenShift
• You’re experienced in continuous integration and related tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Hudson, Maven, Ant, Git, Sonar, etc.
• You have worked in agile methodology
• You bring a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around you
• You build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a welcoming, transparent, and effective workplace
• You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
Please contact our recruitment team Govind or Candice with your resume at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your time and interest.
P.S. Don’t forget that when you update your profile on Randstad.ca it helps us find you faster when we do have roles that match your skills! So even if this role isn’t for you please update your profile so we can find you!
We look forward to supporting you in your job search!
View original article here Source