Our client is seeking an Accounting Technician to join their team. This is a progressive role for a natural self-starter who is looking for a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a small to mid-sized Public Practice firm, a quick learner, detail-oriented, and organized. Working as an Accounting Technician you will be handling multiple files and work towards deadlines with a strong sense of urgency as and when needed.
Fun, independent work environment that values work-life balance.
Annual bonus structure based on performance, plus full benefits and 3 weeks vacation
Coverage of professional dues and professional training courses
• Prepare Notice to Reader and Review Engagements, including completion of all working papers, adjusting journal entries, and financial statements in accordance with Firm standards;
• Keep up-to-date on the content and practical applications of accounting and assurance standards, and know how to access and research professional and technical materials;
• Proactively identify engagement issues, and recommend solutions;
• Complete Personal and Corporate Tax Returns, Trust Returns, and T4 and T5 tax slips;
• Effective communication with our clients, and with our partners and staff;
• Working cooperatively and effectively with other staff members
• Public accounting experience is a must. Ideally within a small-mid size firm
• Experience working on Compilation Engagements and the preparation of personal and corporate tax returns
• CPA Designation (and/or legacy CA, CMA, or CGA) or close to completion
• 1-3 years of relevant public practice experience
• Proficiency in MS Office, CaseWare, and Taxprep
• Demonstrates a high commitment to quality client service, quality of work, compliance with the Firm’s policies and procedures, professional ethics and integrity
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills & client service skills
• Strong time-management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
This is a family-owned firm, and they’re looking for someone who is growing in their career and looking for a place to call home. They are seeking someone with full-cycle accounting experience who can complete files from start to finish. Seniority will depict the files level of difficulty, but still requires full-cycle including bookkeeping duties.
If you meet the skill sets required and interested in this role, apply now, apply today!!! You can also send your application directly to; firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are sending your application via email, please put the position you’re applying to as the subject line.
View original article here Source