Heavy Duty Mechanic, Prairie Fleet – Killarney, MB
We are currently seeking an energetic, highly motivated individual to fill the position of Heavy Duty Mechanic, at the Prairie Fleet facility located in Killarney, MB. Reporting to the General Manager, this individual will perform maintenance and repair on heavy trucks, trailers and more, with a high quality service standard for our customers.
- Perform basic to intermediate mechanical repairs to trucks, trailers, vehicles and equipment;
- Maintain schedule to ensure work tickets are completed in a timely and effective manner;
- Ensure all customer needs are met with a high standard of service;
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on all vehicles and equipment;
- Track life cycle of all equipment and forecast wear-out times;
- Provide augmentation and back-up to team members as required and other duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years experience working on heavy trucks, light vehicles, trailers and equipment;
- Valid Class 5 License; Class 1 License an asset;
- Ability to work as a team or alone with minimal supervision;
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to multi-task and problem solve;
- Heavy duty licensed mechanic status is considered asset;
- Welding experience is considered an asset.
- Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental benefits
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs
- On the job training & development and career growth opportunities
- Employee Referral Program (starting at $350 per successful referral)
- Paid vacation and sick days
To be considered, please apply directly to our website www.patersongrain.com/careers/.
Paterson Grain is known throughout Canada and the world as a company rooted in its commitment to quality, innovation and exceptional customer service. Paterson focuses its expertise on all aspects of grain handling and prides itself on building long-term relationships with Canadian farmers and its domestic and international customers. Our agricultural products and services span all sectors of the Canadian grain industry and include crop input services, identity preserved programs and non-GMO programs. Through our modern global network, Paterson Grain is fully capable of facilitating the marketing and transportation of quality crops to buyers around the world.